Tillsonburg Soccer Club Programs
U15 Boys & Girls
“Training to Compete”
Players are now working to hone their soccer skills under a variety of competitive conditions in an 11 v 11 game format that mirrors adult play. Along with the continued refinement of advanced techniques, players work to develop their tactical awareness, discipline and mental toughness.
Typically players of this age start to begin to understand the basic simple tactical situations of the game and are more aware of movement off the ball and the reasons for tactical choices. Problem-solving becomes systematic and these players tend to learn quickly. Children of this age typically are beginning to develop abstract awareness, so they can understand coaches when we talk about space and runs off of the ball.
Areas of Focus
- Continue to develop ball mastery in a larger environment with more teammates and opponents
- Start to develop other surfaces to control the ball
- Develop the ability to control the ball and look, Introduce decision-making for the next play and apply the proper technique
- Develop the ability to run with the ball towards goal and away from goal to gain space and use width
- Develop dribbling 1v1 using different fakes and changes of direction, shielding at the older ages of the stage
- Develop passing the ball using different surfaces of both feet
- Introduce combination plays with 2 or 3 players
- Develop shooting skills, at longer distances. Introduce, volleys, bent shots and chips using different surfaces
- Develop the ability to look up and read GK position to make a good decision and apply proper technique.
Tillsonburg Soccer Club
PO BOX 276
275 Quarterline Road
Tillsonburg,ON N4G 4H5
Telephone: (519) 688-3002
© 2023 Tillsonburg Soccer Club